Frequently Asked Questions | Study English in Ireland - ISI Dublin



Policy Documents for ILEP 

Do I need a visa?

How much money should I bring to Ireland for long-term study?

Do I need medical insurance?

Can you meet me at the airport in Dublin?

When can I start my course?

How many students are in each class?

Do I need to pass a test in order to enter your school?

Do you have any activities I can participate in after class?

What qualifications do your teachers have?

Can I get a certificate at the end of my course?

Can I use my laptop computer in the school?

Will there be internet access or WiFi in my accommodation?

When are school holidays?

I am from outside the EU and staying in Ireland for more than 90 days, what do I need to do?

Where do I open the bank account and what do I need?

What documents do I need to register with GNIB (immigration)?

Can I take holidays from my course?

Can I work in Ireland?

What do I need to work? Do I need a PPS number?

Do I need anything else to work?

Can I change my level or my class?

Can I move from afternoon classes to morning classes?

How can I check my attendance? Is it important?

What is an ‘elective’ and how can I take part? How much does it cost?

Do I have to take an official English examination such as Cambridge, IELTS, TIE?

How can I print something at the school?

How can I extend my course?

I am an Academic Year student and I’d like to study during my holiday or extend for just a few weeks, is there a discount?

Can I extend my accommodation in my host family or residence?

I am finishing my course this week, where do I get my certificate?

I am a Non-EU student, finishing my course shortly, and I need to go to the GNIB with a course finish letter to extend my visa. What do I need to do?

Keep In Touch