It Takes Two to Tango
(when two people work as a team, they are both responsible for the team’s successes and failures) Look how crooked the linoleum is along the edges of the wall. It looks awful!
- I never said I was an expert in laying linoleum. Besides, it takes two to tango.
- Just what do you mean by that?
- Well, you’re the one who gave me the measurements. If the job turned out badly, it was just as much your fault as it was mine.
- Maybe so, but if you remember, I wanted to hire a professional to do the job. You were the one who thought we should save money by doing it ourselves.
- I guess we both learned a lesson. Next time we’ll know better.
From 101 American English Proverbs