Erasmus+ Language Teaching Refresher Course
- 25 hours: General English 15 hours + 5 hours of Language Teaching Refresher Modules + 5 hours Technology in the classroom.
- Times: 8.00-9.00, 9.00 am to 12.15 pm and 12.25 to 1.25 pm.
- Suitable for B2 students and higher
The course is designed for participants to develop and consolidate their own language skills and strives to focus on aspects of teaching, communication, awareness of current trends of assessment, technology as well as addressing topics such as lesson planning and delivery, classroom management, utilising authentic materials and promoting learner autonomy.
General English: Testing and classing participants in the appropriate CEFR level, Orientation, Needs analysis, Setting learning outcomes, Language focus and language skills, Skills workshops, Assessment of learning and review of learning, One to one feedback at the end of the course, Certificate presentation
Specialised modules: Teaching a PPP lesson, Error correction: written and verbal, on the spot and delayed, Micro-teaching, Teaching pronunciation, Reducing TTT and increasing students’ collaboration, Promoting student autonomy, Using Realia and authentic materials in the classroom, Teaching grammar and vocabulary, Setting objectives, Lesson delivery, Adapting lessons, Feedback, Review of learning outcomes.
This course is suitable for:
Teachers of English in second level and adult education who wish to enhance their teacher experience with innovative teaching methods and experience new approaches for a modern classroom.
How to apply
- Applications must be made through your institution.
- Our legal name ISI Study in Ireland, our Erasmus OID: E10020271 and PIC: 905414103 must be used on the application.
- At the end of your English course we will also help you to complete the Europass Mobility documents.
Hello, I am the Senior Academic Manager at ISI Dublin.
I have over 20 years’ experience in teaching and educational management. Whether you are an individual working in an educational organisation or you are the organiser of a group Key 1 – Mobility for Education Staff project or you are an agency assisting with an Erasmus+ application, I am here to help you. Just fill out the form below with as many details as possible about what you are looking for and we will respond to you shortly.
Jennifer Diaz Green
BA Ed. TESOL, MA Ed., ACELS AM Dip.